The Buffalo Active Shirt is a unique fleece-lined garment, designed as an all-in-one base-layer and
outer jacket. It's ideal for a multitude of outdoor uses, including hill walking, trekking, winter climbing, skiing and general outdoor activities. When compared to their Mountain Shirt
, the Active Shirt benefits from a softer and quieter outer fabric, as well as a more muted colour.
Buffalo originated this one-layer system in the late 1970's, to replace the numerous layers often worn by climbers, fell runners and hill walkers in winter conditions. It comprises a lining of insulating pile fleece, with a functional and water-resistant shell outer, producing a garment that is completely windproof, lightweight and amazingly warm. It is also highly breathable and extremely efficient at transmitting moisture vapour.
As unconventional as it sounds, the Active Shirt is designed to work most efficiently when worn next to the skin. In this way, the pile fabric wicks moisture away from the skin more rapidly, where it is then dispersed to the outer fabric to evaporate and keep the body dry and free from chilling. Side zips have been fitted, not only allowing access, but to adjust for ventilation, enabling the user to regulate their body temperature on the move.
Buffalo Systems are dedicated to producing clothing for the professional and committed outdoor activist. All Buffalo products are rigorously tested through an entire season of Scottish winter and often longer. All components, from zips to thread, are of the highest quality and are equally tested.
Buffalo have designed the Active Shirt to be a very close-fitting garment, to ensure maximum performance. Strictly speaking, the looser the
fit, the less performance you will get. We recommend you measure your chest when completely expanded, and choose your size using this measurement. The Active Shirt is a mid-length top, which finishes at the top of the thigh.
- Windproof and water-resistant PForm mini-ripstop outer shell
- Aqua Therm pile lining
- Highly breathable
- 1/4 length zip with pile-lined baffle
- Two-way side zips for access and ventilation, with storm baffles
- Zipped map pocket with weather flap
- Aqua Therm pile-lined hand-warmer pocket
- Tape and buckle waist adjuster (inside hand warmer pocket)
- Eight ventilation controls
- Rucksack hip belt can be fastened through hand warmer pocket
- Scooped back
- Touch and Close strip around collar for attachment of hood
- Touch and Close cuff adjusters
- Elasticated rear hem adjuster
- Colour: Slate
- Windproof to 50 mph
- Weight: 780 g (in size 42)
- Machine washable
- Made in Great Britain