The Buffalo Mountain Shirt is a unique fleece-lined garment, designed as an all-in-one base-layer and
outer jacket. It's perfect for various cold-weather activites, such as hill-walking, fishing, climbing, and trekking, as well as for general outdoor use.
Buffalo originated this one-layer system in the late 1970's, to replace the numerous layers often worn by climbers, fell runners and hill walkers in winter conditions. It comprises a lining of insulating pile fleece, with a functional and water-resistant shell outer, producing a garment that is completely windproof, lightweight and amazingly warm. It is also highly breathable and extremely efficient at transmitting moisture vapour.
As unconventional as it sounds, the Mountain Shirt is designed to work most efficiently when worn next to the skin. In this way, the pile fabric wicks moisture away from the skin more rapidly, where it is then dispersed by the Pertex to the external surface to evaporate and keep the body dry and free from chilling. Side zips have been fitted, not only allowing access, but to adjust for ventilation, enabling the user to regulate their body temperature on the move.
Buffalo Systems are dedicated to producing clothing for the professional and committed outdoor activist. All Buffalo products are rigorously tested through an entire season of Scottish winter and often longer. All components, from zips to thread, are of the highest quality and are equally tested.
Buffalo have designed the Mountain Shirt to be a very close-fitting garment, to ensure maximum performance. Strictly speaking, the looser the fit, the less performance you will get. We recommend you measure your chest when completely expanded, and choose your size using this measurement. The Mountain Shirt is a mid-length top, which finishes at the top of the thigh.
- Windproof and water-resistant Classic Pertex outer shell
- Windproof to 50 mph
- Aqua Therm pile lining
- Highly breathable
- Neck zip with storm baffles
- Two-way side zips for access and ventilation, with storm baffles
- Zipped map pocket with weather flap
- Aqua Therm pile-lined hand-warmer pocket
- Tape and buckle waist adjuster (inside hand warmer pocket)
- Eight ventilation controls
- Rucksack hip belt can be fastened through hand warmer pocket
- Scooped back (10cm longer than front)
- Touch and Close strip around collar for attachment of hood
- Touch and Close cuff and hem adjusters
- Colour: Olive Green
- Weight: 670g (in size 40)
- Machine washable
- Made in Great Britain