Order today and save 20% off the usual price of £165.00 in Woodlore's Sale.
The Ray Mears Leaf Cutter Rucksack is the first ever rucksack to have been designed and tested by the British Bushcraft and survival expert Ray Mears. The end result is a dedicated outdoor pack that is spacious and tough, yet surprisingly light in weight. Each pack has been crafted from start to finish right here in the UK, courtesy of Scottish Mountain Gear - a company with whom Ray has had ties since as far back as his Bushcraft Survival
days. Indeed, the Leaf Cutter was developed from a custom jungle rucksack, made for Ray by Scottish Mountain Gear many years ago.
When first setting out to design this rucksack, Ray's primary goal was to create "a pack that you can live out of." With its focus on roomy, easy-access compartments, along with strong fabrics and fittings, this is a pack that does away with the unnecessary gimmicks and instead provides a reliable and durable companion for your adventures.
With a main compartment volume of 58 litres, the pack provides ample space for your equipment, clothing and food, making it perfect for week-long forays or even longer trips into the wilderness. Despite this large capacity, the pack weighs in at just 1.8 kg; a surprisingly low figure for such a spacious rucksack made from strong fabrics. It is thanks to this that the rucksack's name was born, after the supremely strong yet agile leaf cutter ant.
The fixed side pockets provide an additional packing volume of 20 litres, helping you to organise your gear while keeping important items close to hand. An external pocket on the front of the pack provides plenty of room for your first aid kit, while two internal sleeves in the main compartment provide the perfect storage space for a pair of SAM splints
- Volume of main compartment: 58 litres
- Volume of side pockets: 10 litres each
- Total volume (including all pockets): 90 litres
- Weight: 1.82 kg
- Back height (from the shoulder straps down): 50 cm
- Fabric: Waterproof 1,000 denier Cordura Nylon
- Colour: Olive Drab
- A bespoke item, produced in small numbers
- Designed by Ray Mears
- Exclusive to Woodlore
- Made in Great Britain
- Large main compartment with PU Nylon snow valance and drawcord closure
- Spacious lid with elastic trim and buckle closures
- 2 x fixed side pockets with buckle closures
- External front pocket with lockable zip closure
- External, slim-profile pocket on lid with lockable zip closure
- Concealed, slim-profile pocket on underside of lid with zip closure
- Drain holes fitted in the main compartment and side pockets
- Heavy-duty YKK zips used throughout
- Contoured and padded shoulder straps with adjustable top-tension buckles
- Adjustable, heavy-duty waist and chest strap with extended padding on hip area
- Lightweight internal metal frame with protective caps, housed in fabric sleeves
- Breathable and padded mesh-lined back panel, for improved comfort and air flow
- Sturdy grab handle
- 2 x full-length internal storage sleeves on back lining, perfect for SAM splints (not included)
- Velcro loops for tidying away excess shoulder strap webbing
- Embroidered Ray Mears Bushcraft logo on front pocket