We are sorry that this product is currently out of stock. Due to increased global demand unfortunately we do to know when this item will become available.
The MSR Guardian Purifier is the world’s most advanced backcountry purifier. Nothing is safer and easier to use for purifying the most demanding backcountry water sources.
Originally this product was designed for the millitary, but now it is available to global trekkers and backcountry users along with those stocking emergency kits. It offers added viral protection you need when traveling in developing nations and in popular wilderness areas.
This purifier meets NSF protocol P248, testing standard used by U.S. military, for removal of viruses, bacteria, protozoa, and sediment from “worst-case” water conditions and it is engineered to withstand heavy use, freezing, drops, and harsh environments.
The MSR Guardian Purifier is field maintainable and has a self flush system which cleans the filter itself with 10% of the filtered water, which is revolutionary in Ray's opinion. It pumps a rapid 2.5 litres per minute, offering added viral protection without the need for chemicals, bulbs or batteries. Ray particularly recommends this purifier for groups of people travelling together or at base camp due to the high volumes of water that can be purified so quickly.
- Filter media is made from an advanced medical grade hollow fiber material
- Filter pore size is 0.02 microns
- Flow rate 2.5 litres per minute
- Cartridge life 10,000 + liters
- Includes a cartridge replacement indicator
- Extremely durable, engineered to withstand heavy use, freezing temperatuers and harsh environments
- Drop tested (lab testing 6ft to concrete)
- Water bottle adapter included
- Self-cleaning filter
- Includes travel bag
- Effective against bacteria, Protozoa and viruses
- Removes particulates such as sediment, silt and dirt
- Size: 21 cm x 12 cm
- 3-year Limited Warranty
- Made in the USA