The Hanwag Tatra Top GTX Boot is a premium-quality, hiking boot with high uppers, ideal for boggy terrain. The upper is made from durable, waxed nubuck leather, while an up-to-date Vibram sole provides lightweight stability on a variety of surfaces. Each pair is handmade using materials sourced exclusively within Europe.
The all-round rubber rand is handcrafted around the lower part of the upper. It protects the leather from scree and rocks and significantly increases the boot’s stability and durability. The Tatra Top GTX boots also benefit from having fewer seams, which reduces the risk of rubbing and pressure points. A special technique used by Hanwag that involves very complex craftsmanship.
Thanks to their cemented construction or double stitched construction these boots can be re-soled as many times as required. Additional features also include shock absorption under the heel, along with increased comfort and air circulation when walking thanks to a pumping action in the tongue.
- High, protective rubber rand
- Soft leather padded cuff
- Cemented construction, easy to re-sole
- Extra-high uppers for marshy and boggy terrain
- Durably waterproof and breathable GORE-TEX® lining
- Vibram® sole with deep profile, designed especially by Hanwag – allows the foot to roll exceptionally smoothly
- Clamping lace hooks on top section of uppers for precise and rapid lacing
- Easy Roller: smooth ball bearing lacing system
- Flex zone at heel
- Graded memory insole for superior shape retention
- Shock Absorb: additional shock absorber in the heel
- Soft flex allows the foot to roll smoothly
- Weight: 870g (shoe size 7-7.5)
- Upper: waxed nubuck
- Sole: Vibram® AW Integral
- Sole Features: Very lightweight thanks to incorporation of a (stiffening) shank into the midsole Very supportive Trekking profile with impact and braking tread blocks
- Lining: GORE-TEX® laminate
- Fit: Normal
- Made in Europe