Each copy of this book comes individually signed by Ray Mears.
Ray Mears Outdoor Survival Handbook was first published in 1992. Due to huge public demand it was reprinted in 2001, and remains a bestseller. When it was originally published, it was the first comprehensive guide based solely on bushcraft and survival tips.
The Outdoor Survival Handbook is a book of discovery, explaining the everyday skills you need to live in and enjoy the natural world without violating it. Season-by-season, this unique, fully-illustrated guide describes the resources available in the wild and how to use them.
Clear step-by-step instructions and diagrams show how to master all kinds of techniques and projects, including how to:
- Construct a warm, waterproof natural shelter at any time of the year
- Build a good fire in all weathers
- Track and identify animals
- Orienteer, using map, compass and natural navigation aids
- Make tools and equipment from natural materials – pots, baskets, ropes and much more
Packed with practical tips, insights into nature and respect for traditional knowledge, this is a book for families, groups and individual hikers and climbers – for everyone who enjoys the outdoor life.
- Dimensions: 23.2 x 15.3 cm
- Format: Paperback
- Pages: 240
- Author: Ray Mears
- ISBN: 0091878861
- Publisher: Ebury Press