The Silva Expedition S Compass is an advanced navigation tool for experienced users and professionals. Based on the tried-and-tested baseplate design of the classic Expedition 15TDCL model, the Expedition S expands on this functionality with brand new features. If the terrain demands a mirror sighting compass, the Expedition S is your optimal companion.
The Expedition S brings two new features to the plate: a slope card, and a distance lanyard. The slope card is great for detecting potential avalanche risk, and for determining how challenging your journey ahead may be. Thus, by understanding the terrain better, you can judge any extra distance that you need to travel.
The distance lanyard has two scales on it - 1:25 and 1:50 - which allows you to measure the distance of your hike. Since it is soft and flexible, it is easy to place it directly onto your route on the map.
- Sighting mirror with hole for the most accurate bearings
- Declination adjustment
- Built-in clinometer
- Magnifying lens
- Mirror angle assistance
- Luminous markings for low-light navigation
- Silicon rubber feet for increased friction when taking map readings
- Silva 1-2-3
- GPS scales
- Made using robust materials to withstand tough conditions
- Graduation: 360
- Resolution: 2
- Measuring scales: 1:25k, 1:50k, mm/in
- IP class: IPX8
- Temperature operating range: -20 to +60°C
- Dimensions: 108 x 64 x 20 mm
- Weight: 86 g
- Included: Distance lanyard (1:25, 1:50), Slope card