The Bergans Sauda Down Jacket is an extra warm, windproof down jacket, designed to protect you from extreme cold. This jacket has been a firm favourite of Ray and the Woodlore Team and has been worn extensively overseas and within the UK.
Despite its incredible warmth, the jacket remains lightweight and highly compressible thanks to its filling of superior-quality down. A water-repellent outer fabric, teamed with premium build quality, helps to make this a reliable garment that you can depend on in winter.
While the Sauda Jacket makes an ideal outer layer for use on a winter expedition
, it is equally perfect as your go-to jacket for those cold days back at home. It is of course also suitable for ski touring and mountaineering use, as well as cold evenings spent around camp while on safari or in desert conditions. Thanks to its down filling, and long, under arm ventilation zips the Sauda Jacket is highly breathable, helping to transport moisture away from your skin.
Warmth and comfort is ensured with the inclusion of deep pockets, snug wrist-warming cuffs with thumb-holes, an extended back panel to keep draughts out, a fixed, adjustable, helmet compatible hood and long zip vents under the arms.
Key benefits of down:
- Superior insulating properties
- Extremely lightweight
- Highly breathable
- Compressible to a fraction of its size for packing
- Windproof and water-repellent fabric (100% Polyamide)
- Embroidered Bergans logo on chest
- YKK zippers used throughout
- Articulated elbows for increased freedom of movement
- Fixed hood
- Extended back panel
- Elasticated cuffs with thumb-holes to keep wrists warm
- Ventilation zips
- One-handed elastic drawstring at hem
- Two front hand pockets
- Chest pocket
- Inner Pocket, also functions as compression pocket
- Filling: Goose down (95/5)
- Box construction
- Weight: 985 g in size Large
- Fill power: 750 cuin
- Fill weight: 320 g in size Large
- Colour: Solid Charcoal/Black