Terms And Conditions
Your Agreement with Woodlore
Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully before making a purchase with us. Once a course completed booking form has been accepted in writing by Woodlore Ltd all the persons named on the booking form ("the client(s)") will have entered a binding contract on the basis of these Terms & Conditions. If you have any questions about them please do not hesitate to contact us.
"Woodlore" means Woodlore Ltd, PO Box 3, Etchingham, TN19 7ZE.
1. AgreementAgreement on the basis these Terms & Conditions arise upon the fulfillment of all of the following: receipt by Woodlore of a properly completed booking form accompanied by the payment or deposit specified; clearance of the payment or deposit into Woodlore Ltd's bank account; acceptance by Woodlore in writing.
Woodlore reserves the right, in its absolute discretion and without the need to give reasons, to refuse to accept a booking. In such circumstances no agreement arises and Woodlore will return any payment accompanying the booking.
The agreement is between Woodlore and the client(s) and is the sole agreement between those parties. No variation of these Terms & Conditions shall be applicable unless agreed in writing by Woodlore before the relevant course.
The agreement is governed by English law.
2. PaymentFull payment is required for courses that are due to start in 9 weeks or under. No deposit is taken in this case, and the full amount is payable.
For courses due to start in 9 weeks or greater, you will be billed 20% of the course fee. You will be sent an email reminder at 12 weeks and 10 weeks prior to the course start date prompting you to pay the remaining 80%. Email is not guaranteed to be delivered, so it is the customer's ultimate responsibility to check when payments are required.
The balance of the fee (80%) as specified on the booking must be paid in full 9 weeks prior to the commencement of your course. If not so paid, Woodlore reserves the right to treat the agreement as cancelled by the client(s) and the client(s) will forfeit their 20% deposit.
3. PricesWhilst every effort is made to limit prices to those given in the booking, Woodlore reserves the right to alter prices should its costs in hosting a course increase for reasons beyond its reasonable control (including, without limitation, the cost of labour, transport and materials).
In the event that a price is altered the client(s) will be notified as soon as reasonably possible and the balance of the altered price will be payable on the same terms as was the original price.
In the event of the price being thus increased by 15% or more the client may opt to cancel the booking and will then be entitled to a refund of all monies paid.
4. Cancellation by client(s) on both UK and Overseas CoursesIf the booking is cancelled by the client(s) (for any reason) the following cancellation charge will arise:
- Cancellation more than 9 weeks before course: 100% of deposit payable, but any final payment made will be refunded.
- Cancellation less than 9 weeks before the course: 100% of fee payable i.e. no refund.
The client acknowledges that it is reasonable for such penalties to arise, given the need for Woodlore to make preparations for a course substantially in advance of the course.
5. Course Date ChangesShould a customer wish to change the dates of their course, where there is a place available, an administration fee of £25.00 will be charged to transfer. Please note Woodlore will not be able to transfer a booking if the course is due to start in less than 9 weeks.
6. Variation of a course by WoodloreA Woodlore course is, by its very nature, exposed to natural variables, including the weather. Whilst every reasonable effort is made to deal with (indeed to learn from) such contingencies there may be occasions when Woodlore, through no fault of its own, is forced to vary or modify a course itinerary at short notice or decides to do so in order to take advantage of natural circumstances. The client acknowledges that information about courses provided by Woodlore is given in the best of faith but that because of the variability of nature it may be reasonable to alter or modify a course and that in such circumstances it is not reasonable for Woodlore to be liable for any losses consequential on such a change and that Woodlore's liability is limited accordingly.
All Woodlore courses are taught by highly experienced and capable leaders, some of whom, Ray Mears for example, are known to the wider public. If a Woodlore course is described as hosted by a recognised "personality", such as Ray Mears, Woodlore accepts that the client has the right to expect to meet that person and if he/she becomes unavailable the client will be offered the option of return of monies paid or the opportunity to participate in a comparable course on another date. However, the client acknowledges that Ray Mears cannot make an appearance on every Woodlore course and will be unable to do so unless specifically stated to the contrary.
7. The conduct of a courseThe client acknowledges that during a Woodlore course he / she is required to submit to the reasonable instructions and leadership of Woodlore, save that parents, teachers and those in comparable roles in respect of children must maintain control of those children, to the satisfaction of Woodlore. The client acknowledges that persons attending a Woodlore course are entitled to expect a high standard of conduct and regard for personal well being on the part of all clients.
For this reason the client accepts that Woodlore may, in its absolute discretion and without the need to give reasons, arrange for him / her to be removed from a course, if necessary against his / her will. Circumstances in which this might occur include (without limitation) disorderly or abusive conduct; intoxication; failure of control over children; inadequacy of clothing or equipment; incapacity or inability to meet the rigours of the course. In such circumstances the client will not be entitled to a refund of monies and Woodlore will not be liable for any losses so resulting. The client will on demand reimburse Woodlore its reasonable costs of effecting his / her removal.
8. LiabilityWoodlore courses take place in the open countryside and are by their very nature not absolutely free from hazard. Woodlore makes every effort to minimise risk to clients and instructs clients in the safe negotiation of such risk as may remain. Consequently, the client acknowledges that there are circumstances in which an accident could befall a client without Woodlore being at fault and accepts that to that extent he / she is taking part in a Woodlore course at his / her own risk.
Woodlore only accepts liability for physical injury to a client that is shown to result from negligence on the part of Woodlore.
The client acknowledges that other loss, damage and expense (including, without limitation, loss of money, loss or damage to clothes and possessions, losses arising on the cancellation of a booking and the expenses of delay and harm caused other than by the negligence of Woodlore) howsoever arising is not the responsibility of Woodlore and that Woodlore's liability is hereby limited.
9. ComplaintsIn the unlikely event that a client has cause for complaint about a Woodlore course, complaint should be made to a representative of Woodlore during the event, in order that corrective action can, if necessary, be taken. The client acknowledges that it is unreasonable to take no action during a course but to complain later. However, should a problem not be resolved, complaint should be made in writing within 28 days. To the extent permitted by law Woodlore will not be liable in respect of claims first intimated later than 28 days from the close of the relevant course.
10. Travel documentsThe client is solely responsible, where necessary, for ensuring that he / she has all necessary valid travel documents.
11. Consent FormThe client acknowledges that they must sign and complete a Consent Form, which must be returned to Woodlore at least Two weeks prior to the commencement of the customers course. The Consent Form will be emailed to the customer when they make final payment for their workshop, and it is also downloadable from the Downloads section of the raymears.com website. The client will be reminded to complete and return the form when they have paid their remaining course payment.
12. VouchersWoodlore e-vouchers (electronic vouchers) are unique codes that can be used in the raymears.com online shop against the purchase of kit itemss. Course bookings can be made using these vouchers by phoning the office on 01580 819668.
Vouchers are registered in the sole name of the purchaser (the "voucher owner") and can transferred to a third party e.g. as a gift. It is the responsibility of the voucher owner to protect the voucher code(s), and not to divulge them to any third party that isn't the intended recipient of the voucher.
Woodlore Ltd cannot be held responsible for voucher codes that fall into the wrong hands, or which are used without the voucher holders prior consent.
Voucher codes are sent by electronic mail (e-mail) to the address specified in our secure checkout page. Woodlore Ltd takes no responsibility for incorrectly specified e-mail addresses that are given at the time of purchase. Woodlore e-vouchers are transferable to a third party at the discretion of the voucher owner, and voucher holder details can be changed online at any time by the owner e.g.for the purposes of a printed version of the voucher.
Once a voucher code is transferred to a third party, and is subsequently used, Woodlore Ltd cannot then undo a transaction in which that voucher was used. Revealing a code to a third party constitutes "transfer" of that voucher by the owner.
13. Auction website listings (workshop resales)Woodlore Ltd do not permit the resale of its workshops and courses on auction websites, such as eBay. Woodlore Ltd have automated customer waiting lists and cancellation lists in place, and the resale of such workshop places inteferes with this process.
14. Auction website listings (kit items)Kit items purchased from Woodlore Ltd may be resold on auction websites, such as eBay. Please ensure that all trademarks are respected. The use of our trademarks ("Ray Mears" and "Woodlore") is prohibited for items that are not associated with our company.
Please see this FAQ regarding eBay sales.
15. Subsequent instructions by client(s)Although, as stipulated above, all Woodlore courses are taught by highly experienced & capable leaders, it is not intended that any instruction provided to any client(s) while on a course will in any way qualify that/those client(s) to instruct any third party & no warranty is made to that effect. Woodlore hereby excludes any liability it might have to any third party in respect of any loss or damage suffered or incurred by that third party in its reliance on any skills taught by any client(s) on the basis of having attended any Woodlore course.
All our courses have been designed for the outdoor enthusiast with an adventurous sprit - no whingers please!