Product Photos (2)
Please click an image to zoom in, or hover over an image for its description.
Paramo Directional Clothing Systems was set up by the founder and owner of Nikwax, Nick Brown. Focusing on wearability, recovery and long life, they have created a range of clothing that is comfortable, durable, highly functional and - most importantly - weatherproof! The Halcon Jacket is a fantastic example of this.
To produce the Halcon Jacket, Paramo had the assistance of a number of professional wildlife cameramen and photographers, including Joe Cornish and John Aitchison - people who have taken their fair share of the brunt of British weather. As such, it is a brilliant outer layer for budding photographers, filmers and bird watchers, and can often be seen on professional lensmen across the country.
Windproof, waterproof and breathable, the Halcon is great for all outdoor enthusiasts, especially those who want lots of practical carrying space (it has nine easily accessible pockets). It also features a fleece-lined collar, wire-framed hood and handwarming pockets for additional comfort.
The use of unique Nikwax Analogy fabric, combined with the Halcon's ventilation options, ensures you can maintain your comfort without taking layers on and off during your adventures. Additionally, as the performance of Analogy fabric isn't hindered by the outside temperature or humidity level, the Halcon Jacket can be used in freezing cold environments such as the Arctic.
Benefits of Nikwax Analogy fabric:
- Two secure chest pockets large enough for guides and maps
- Large internal breast pocket
- Two large bellows pockets with fold-over tops
- Two zipped, fleece-lined handwarming pockets
- Two low-level capacious inner pockets
- Excellent field of vision from adjustable hood with wired peak
- Fleece-lined collar
- Upper arm vents for more temperature control on the move
- Two-way zip with internal storm flap allowing ventilation
- Average weight: 967 g
- Colour: Moss green
- Ethically produced in Colombia as part of the Miquelina Foundation
- For every Halcon Jacket sold, a sapling will be donated to help Trees for Life replant the Caledonian Forest, restoring a wild environment with native flora and fauna in the Scottish Highlands
- Keeps wind and rain out and drys rapidly after use
- Removes perspiration and condensation more effectively than any other waterproof fabric to keep you dry from the inside
- Works consistently whatever the outside temperature or humidity level
- Soft, supple and quiet
- Excellent ventilation allows you to keep garments on for longer
- Waterproofing is easily renewed with Nikwax aftercare
- Repairable with needle and thread
- Not compromised by puncture
As zip-front jackets go, the Halcon is the Swiss Army knife. There are pockets for everything, including zippable hand-warmer pockets. The neck-warming collar and hood are superb and, as with all Paramo garments, the fit and finish of the fabric is impeccable. Being wind and waterproof while still highly breathable make it perfect for active use in our weather, while the generous cut gives ample space for an insulating layer while waiting for the light to change on a winter day. A fantastic all-rounder. - Joe Cornish, Landscape Photographer
To the best of our knowledge, all kit specifications are accurate, although these can vary at times. We aim to dispatch all orders by the next working day.
Send to a Friend
Use the form below to recommend a friend to this page. Please enter your name and message, and then click on the Send
button. Please enter values for
all fields, otherwise your message will not be sent.