Product Photos (1)
Please click an image to zoom in, or hover over an image for its description.
This Ray Mears Bushcraft Survival Series 2 box set contains the second five programmes of Ray's television series Bushcraft Survival, and was released in conjunction with the Bushcraft Survival book. Order today and save 60% off the RRP in Woodlore's Spring Sale.
Additional bonus features have been filmed with Ray especially for the Bushcraft enthusiast, including:
- Sharpening an axe at camp
- Looking after your axe
- Choosing and using axe
- Splitting wood with a saw
- How to light a fire
- Safe water
- The birch bark canoe
- Making a container from birch bark
- Making a matchbox from birch bark
- Making a container from cedar
- Making a container from ash bark
- Snakes of the lowland heaths of Britain
The DVD covers the following programmes:
- BIRCH BARK CANOE – Ray with Algonquin canoe maker Pinock Smith, one of the few people left who knows how to craft birch bark canoes using traditional methods.
- CANOE JOURNEY – The canoe is the most natural way to travel and get close to wildlife in wild places. Ray paddles down the Missinaibi River, a river as unspoilt today as it was three hundred years ago when it was the essential route for the fur trade canoes.
- AMERICA - Ray takes a journey into America's past as he travels in the footsteps of Jim Bridger, one of the mountain men who opened up the route to the Pacific Coast of America. Ray makes a bull boat using willow and buffalo skin and spends time with the Shoshone.
- SWEDEN – One country where the acient skills of bushcraft are alive and in daily use. Lars Falt joins Ray by the campfire to discuss some of the Swedish traditions and cook a salmon. He shows how pine tar is made and used on traditional skis before spending time with the Sami people and Swedish singer Yana.
- FOUR SEASONS – Ray comes home to show us how bushcraft brings a new perspective to our countryside and its changing seasons.
DVD 9x2, ALL-REGIONS. Running time: 360 minutes. Will this DVD work outside of the UK?
To the best of our knowledge, all kit specifications are accurate, although these can vary at times. We aim to dispatch all orders by the next working day.
Send to a Friend
Use the form below to recommend a friend to this page. Please enter your name and message, and then click on the Send
button. Please enter values for
all fields, otherwise your message will not be sent.